The ability to rapidly put a contract with AST, may be the solution for your problem. The process is simple and the steps are outlined below:
- Discuss your program with us so we can establish program requirements; timeframe/schedule; and costs estimates.
- Contact your Contracting Officer (KO), Agency Small Business Specialist or Ms. Melissa Loder (SBA Business Opportunity Specialist supporting Allegheny) for assistance and provide a package that includes the requirements description, estimated period of performance, applicable NAICS code, anticipated dollar value, etc. 1AW FAR19.804-2 “Agency Offering”. (Allegheny can assist in the preparation of this package.)
- The KO will send an Offering Letter to the SBA requesting permission to conduct sole source negotiations with AST. (AST will have notified their Business Opportunity Specialist to expect the package in order to expedite the process.)
- The SBA confirms eligibility of AST and authorizes the negotiations.
- The KO negotiates with AST.
- Simplified Acquisition efforts do not require a technical proposal; the KO sends RFQ to AST requesting cost proposal; upon receipt, KO negotiates cost and terms with AST.
- If the estimate exceeds the Simplified Acquisition Threshold, the KO sends RFP to AST requesting technical and cost proposals; upon receipt, KO negotiates cost and terms with AST.
- Upon completion of negotiations, KO prepares a contract award document and sends to AST for signature.
- Upon receipt of the executed contract from Allegheny, the KO signs the contract and sends it to the SBA.
- Contract performance begins.
This entire acquisition process does not typically exceed two weeks in duration.